You can find jute rugs almost anywhere. They are made of organic, sustainable materials that make them suitable for everyone. They still need to be cleaned correctly. This article will teach you how to clean a jute rug, as well as other things you need to know about this trendy carpet.
What Is The Jute Carpet Made Of?
Jute rugs can be recycled as they are made from plants and natural materials. Not all washing detergents are suitable for cleaning Jute Rugs. The company responsible for jute rug washing should consider the unique characteristics of each of these rugs, including:
- Type of stain
By determining the above, you can help the experts find the best way to clean a rug made of jute without damaging it.
Factors that affect a rug’s quality
Jute rugs are a natural addition to any home. These rugs are made of plant fibers that are usually in the original tan colour. A jute area rug is durable and environmentally friendly. Jute rugs are less colorful, but they can be easily stained by the following factors:
- Mildew and mold: These fungi can cause unpleasant odors and stains on jute rugs.
- Pet urine stains They leave yellowish stains that are unpleasant and a terrible smell.
- Spills of drinks: Particularly coffee, juices, and soft beverages that are high in sugar. They can damage the natural color of a jute carpet and attract harmful microorganisms.
Why Is Cleaning A Jute Rugs A Professional Job?
A novice or untrained carpet cleaner should not be responsible for jute rug cleansing as they lack the experience to know the best ingredients to use to remove stains. Chemical-based cleaners can have negative effects on jute rug fibers. They will burn the threads and bleed color. These chemical detergents can have adverse effects on you and your pets.
- Breathing difficulties
- Skin rashes
- Itching in the eyes and nose
Unprofessional cleaning can also cause damage and tear to your rug. You should therefore ask an expert rug cleaner with a good reputation to clean your jute carpet. We are proud to offer the best rug-cleaning service in Louisville and Lexington as well as other cities in Kentucky.
Jute Rug Cleaning – 100% Eco Friendly
Jute rugs are susceptible to damage from improper rug cleaning methods and harsh chemicals. We understand the value of your rugs, and how important it is to maintain them for as long as possible. We were motivated to find the best way to protect the organic fibers in a jute carpet.
This method is safe for children and pets. It effectively removes the unpleasant smell and stain from your jute rug. This innovative solution is made up of organic, nontoxic and allergen-free ingredients that are safe for you, your jute rug, and the environment.
What Are The Advantages Of Jute Rugs?
Jute rugs are a popular choice in interior design because they offer many benefits. The natural texture of jute rugs and their earthy aesthetics create a warm, inviting atmosphere. The rustic appeal of these rugs adds a special touch to the decor. Jute rugs have a rustic charm and are also made from eco-friendly, sustainable materials. They are derived by the long, durable fibers of the jute plants.
Jute rugs are a great way to promote a more eco-friendly approach to your home decor. Jute rugs can be adapted to different interior styles. The rugs blend seamlessly into both traditional and contemporary settings, and create a uniform background. It pays to know how to clean your jute rug correctly, since a simple mistake could cause irreversible color and fiber damage.
What Are Some Common Cleaning Mistakes That You Should Avoid?
It’s important to know the common mistakes that you should avoid when learning how to wash a jute carpet. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid:
- Excess moisture: Too much water can cause mold and mildew to grow on a jute carpet. Don’t soak the rug, but dampen it.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals: Avoid strong chemicals which can damage your rug’s natural fibers. Use mild eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Scrubbing Violently: Scrubbing vigorously can cause the jute fibres to fray, causing your rug to look worn. Instead, gently blot the stains.
- Sun exposure: Do not leave your jute rugs in direct sunlight too long. This can cause the fibers to fade and weaken.
- Ignoring Spills: Clean up spills immediately to avoid stains setting. Delaying cleaning can make them harder to remove.
- Vacuuming Ignored: Vacuuming regularly is important to prevent dirt from becoming embedded in fibers.
- Neglecting routine maintenance: Skipping vacuuming regularly can cause dirt and debris embedded deeply in the rug. This makes it more difficult to clean, and reduces its lifespan.
- Ignoring stains or spills: Ignoring stains or spills can cause them to harden, making it more difficult to remove them later. To prevent permanent damage to your rug, it’s important to remove stains immediately.
Avoiding these common jute rug cleaning mistakes and learning the correct way to clean it will keep your rug in great shape.
Use excessive moisture when cleaning. Too much water could saturate jute fibers and lead to mildew or mold growth. For cleaning, it’s best to lightly moisten the rug.
Cleaning Jute Rugs At Home: Tips And Tricks
These DIY jute cleaning tips will help you maintain the appearance of your rug.
- Vacuuming Regularly: Vacuum your jute carpet regularly to remove dirt and debris. To avoid damaging the fibers, use a brush with soft bristles.
- Spot Cleaner: Remove spills and stains immediately. To absorb as much liquid as possible, use a dry, clean cloth to blot the affected area. Avoid rubbing as it can cause the stain to penetrate deeper into the fabric.
- Gently Cleaning Solution: To deep clean, mix mild dish soap with water or a cleaner specifically for jute. To ensure that it won’t discolor, test it on an inconspicuous part of the surface. After lightly moistening a clean cloth with the solution, blot on the stain.
- Rinse Thoroughly. After spot cleaning, thoroughly rinse the area using a damp, clean cloth. Be careful not to over wet the carpet.
- Natural drying: Let the area air dry naturally. Avoid direct sunlight or excessive heat, as they can cause the rug’s color to fade or shrink.
- Preventative measures: Use a rug pad under your jute carpet, especially in areas with high traffic.
- Rotate your Rug: Jute carpets can wear out unevenly because of foot traffic. Rotate your rug periodically to ensure an even wear.
- Regular Care: Overall, take care to maintain your jute carpet. The longer you maintain it with regular cleaning and care, the more it will retain its beauty and durability.
Maintenance Of Jute Rugs: Preventive Measures
You now know how to clean your jute carpet. It’s time to find out how to maintain it. Consider these preventive steps to maintain your jute carpet and keep it in great condition:
- Rug Pads: Place the rug pad under your jute carpet. It not only adds extra comfort, but it also helps prevent the rug from sliding and protects it from wear.
- Rotate your Rug: Jute carpets can be worn unevenly by foot traffic and sunlight. Rotate your rug regularly to ensure an even wearing and fading. This will prevent certain areas from being more worn out or discolored.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Prolonged sun exposure can cause fading and deterioration of the fibers. Use window coverings such as curtains or blinds or place your rug where it is protected from direct sunlight.
- Reduce Heavy Foot Traffic: Minimize heavy foot traffic if possible on your jute carpet. Reduce dirt and debris on the jute carpet by using doormats at the entrance.
- Regular Cleansing: Keep a regular schedule of cleaning. Vacuum your rug often to avoid dirt and debris becoming embedded into the fibers. It will help to preserve the rug’s look and durability.
- Spill Prevention: Be careful with liquids and foods near your jute carpet. To prevent stains and spills, use coasters to protect your rug from liquids.
- Precautions for Pet Owners: If your pets are a part of the family, you should be extra careful to clean up accidents as soon as possible. Jute is more likely to stain, so it’s important to act quickly.
- Professional cleaning: Consider a professional cleaning of your jute carpet every 12-18 months depending on its usage. Professional cleaners are able to deep clean the rug safely without causing fiber damage.
These preventive measures will help you maintain the beauty and quality of your jute carpet for many years.
Advice from experts on how to wash a jute carpet
The professionals always stress the importance of stain removal. By blotting the stains gently and quickly with cleaning solutions, you can avoid them setting and making it more difficult to remove. Regular maintenance is also essential, such as vacuuming the rug with a brush attachment, and rotating it to ensure even wear. These practices will help the rug look its best for longer and prolong its life.
Do you want to learn more about the cleaning methods our experts use for jute rugs.
- For deep cleaning jute carpets, our professional cleaners use specialized equipment. Dry cleaning and low-moisture methods are often used to avoid over wetting rugs.
- The experts know which cleaning solutions won’t damage the natural fibers of jute. These solutions are tested on small areas first to make sure they don’t damage or discolor the jute fibers.
- Our professionals use controlled environments when it comes to drying to avoid moisture-related issues, such as mildew or mold, during the process.
- Professionals with regular training and experience can assess the specific needs of each jute carpet, and ensure that they are cleaned and maintained without damaging its integrity.
It’s best to speak with one of our professionals for specific advice and insights. The professionals can provide personalized advice based on your rug’s condition and needs.