The new year is a time for a fresh start. It’s also an excellent opportunity to make better decisions in all areas of your life, including at home.
Some minor changes can have a significant impact.
Canberra Outlet is the perfect place to find inspiration and ideas for your home. Here are five easy and affordable ways to prepare for this new year.
Make your workspace productive.
It’s true what they say: a clean workspace means a clear mind. Many of us work from home or take our work home. Why not make some minor changes to your workspace to increase productivity?!
Here are our top tips for refreshing your office:
- Declutter – Sort through your piles, go paperless wherever possible, and let go of items you no longer require
- Storage: Invest in new storage solutions. Adairs and Freedom offer stylish shelving units that maximize space and are big on style.
- Lighting: Avoid eye strain and add atmosphere to your study using a desk lamp (Freedom makes the one shown below).
- Desk Decor: Elevate your workspace with stylish desk accessories such as a pen holder, pot plant, and intelligent storage boxes.
Greenery is a great way to bring in the spring.
- We hear a lot about Indoor Plants’ health benefits, with good reason. They improve air quality and have a fantastic look!
- Canberra Outlet has a wide range of affordable pots, hanging pots, and small vessels. You’ll find the perfect piece to showcase your favorite plant—the sizeable matte-white pot from Adairs.
- Consider creating an urban jungle at home by grouping plants. This will give your space a more dramatic look. The key to achieving this is contrast, so don’t hesitate to mix different plant types or vessels (other foliages, shapes, and sizes).
Refresh your cushions
This is the oldest trick that stylists know, and it still works! Sofas are an expensive investment that can’t be easily changed. However, adding a few cushions to an old sofa will improve its appearance or add a new look to your living space.
Cushions from the new season can be used to introduce a new color palette or print more in style. This season, earthy tones with accents of green are big. Also, cushions with a high level of texture and a lot more textures will be popular.
Organize your closet
It’s hard enough to choose what to wear every day, so don’t make it even more difficult by having a disorganized wardrobe.
Take the time to organize your closet if you have clothes piled up on the floor, hanging shirts falling off the hangers, or no place to store your accessories.
You can organize your closet in a few different ways.
- Use storage bags to store clothes you won’t wear next season.
- Storage baskets for accessories and small items
- Maximize your hanging rail space by using slim coathangers
- Buy hanging shelves for folded shirts and other clothing.
Maximise drawer storage
- Storage is something we all could use more of at home. There are some ways to maximize our space, for example, by using storage containers such as those from Howards Storage. This is a great way to keep similar items together and make the most of the depth. Many stackable types are available.
- There are a variety of storage containers available, with or without lids. They come in different sizes, so you can customize them to fit any drawer.