Our stovetop simmer kit is a great way to fill your home with festive scents or make a unique gift. I’ve said it before, but our senses affect how we perceive a space. Fill a pot with these aromatic ingredients on your stovetop to set the mood for the holidays.
You will need the following:
- Airtight container (I used the glass canisters from Provincial).
- Nine pieces of dried Orange
- Cinnamon sticks – 4 sticks
- Three bay leaves are available.
- One tablespoon of clove
You can experiment with other ingredients as well, such as:
- Fresh ginger root to add a little more spice
- vanilla pods for sweeter notes
- Lime zest to add a little zing
- Cedarwood is a woodsy scent.
- For a fruitier stew, add dried cranberries and apples.
- Make your dried orange slices. Click here to see our orange-slice tutorial. You need to slice the oranges into the thinnest possible slices, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for three hours at 95 degrees Celsius.
- After the orange slices have been dehydrated and cooled down, you can arrange your ingredients. Place the ingredients in an airtight container, or make your stovetop simmer kit using other ingredients.
- 3. When ready to use the product, place it in a dry, cool area and add it to a pot with boiling water.